Last Updated on
Finding the Best Fishing Sunglasses Online in 2019
Fishing is a passion cherished by millions across the globe. The joy of venturing out in the lakes, rivers or ocean and patiently waiting for the sinker to go down to signify a catch is simply unexplainable for many of us. But for you to be effective and get the most out of passion, you will need to choose the right tools of the trade, and that includes the best fishing sunglasses. Whether you are just starting out or you consider yourself a pro, many will agree with me that your eyes are one of the most important tools you will need when you go out for a fishing expedition.
As such, it is imperative to accord your eyes the right protection from the harmful rays reflecting from the surface of the water. The right fishing sunglasses will not just provide protection, but also filter out certain lighting so that you can effortlessly and easily spot the fish beneath the water surface.
Though there are so many fishing sunglasses in the market today, not all of them are actually ideal for your needs, and it is imperative to know what to look for in a fishing sunglass so that your choice becomes the ultimate choice. In this article, we not only review the best fishing sunglasses but also we highlight to you some of the factors you need to consider when shopping for a fishing sunglass.
- 1 Finding the Best Fishing Sunglasses Online in 2019
- 1.1 Our Reviews of the Best Sunglasses for Fishing
- 1.1.1 Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses – Our Choice for the Best Fishing Sunglasses
- 1.1.2 KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sport Sunglasses – Our Favorite Fishing Sunglasses Under 50 Dollars
- 1.1.3 Smith Optics Guides Choice Sunglasses – The Best Anti-Reflective Sunglasses
- 1.1.4 Oakley Men’s FuelCell Sunglasses – The Most Versatile Fishing Sunglasses
- 1.1.5 Oakley Holbrook Iridium Sport Sunglasses – 100% UV Protection Sunglasses
- 1.2 Our Expert Recommendations to Remember When Choosing the Best Fishing Sunglasses
- 1.3 Our Conclusion on Finding The Best Fishing Sunglasses
- 1.1 Our Reviews of the Best Sunglasses for Fishing
Our Reviews of the Best Sunglasses for Fishing
Now that you have an idea of what factors to look for in a fishing sunglass, below is a review of some of the top fishing sunglasses worth considering at the moments:
Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses – Our Choice for the Best Fishing Sunglasses
- Costa's most high tech lens - 400 Glass provides superior clarity, scratch-proof, 100% UV protection and the best polarizing efficiency available.
- Green Mirror Polarized enhances vision and contrast, great for fishing inshore and on flats.
- Costa's co-injected bio-based nylon frame material is both tough and durable, while offering a comfortable fit.
- 100% polarization kills reflected glare and reduces eye strain.
- Built by hand and backed for life. Every pair of Costa Sunglasses includes a limited lifetime warranty.
They may appear small in size, but this should not make you think that they can’t get the job done. They are one of the best polarized-sunglasses you will find in the market today, and their design, versatility, and efficacy make them a favorite for both newbies and pros.
They provide high clarity, and the fact that they are lightweight allows you to wear them all day long. With their blue mirror polarized lenses, you are guaranteed of the best vision during full-sun conditions whether you are offshore on the open water. Additionally, they are impact and scratch resistant to imply that you will enjoy using them for a very long time.
- 100% polarization
- Offers a comfortable fit
- Impact and scratch resistant
- Handles start dangling sooner than expected
- Double-vision under dim light conditions
- Can get scratched, though they should be scratch resistant
Watch this in-depth video review to learn more about the Costa Del Mar Fantail fishing sunglasses
KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sport Sunglasses – Our Favorite Fishing Sunglasses Under 50 Dollars
- KEY FEATURES - Polarized lenses reduce glare - Impact resistant TAC lenses protect your eyes from flying objects - Block 100% of the harmful UVA and UVB rays - Lightweight, durable, and comfortable Grilamid frames - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- OUTSTANDING LENSES - 1.0mm polarized lenses are comparable to the thickness you would find on much higher priced sports eyewear. KastKing TAC (Triacetate) lenses pass a double decentering test to ensure there is no optical distortion which can cause eye strain and headaches. KastKing Polarized reading sunglasses help reduce glare caused by reflected light to improve vision and comfort.
- SUPERIOR FRAMES - Made from the same Grilamid material commonly used by the military and in medical applications, our frames are lightweight, extremely flexible, and heat and UV resistant. Grilamid frames are well known for their strength, lightweight comfort, shape integrity, and impact resistance. This ultra-lightweight and malleable material translates to a very comfortable fit.
- BASE LENS COLOR and UV PROTECTION - Smoke lenses are ideal for bright sunlight with the most realistic color reproduction and also work well in medium light and partial shade. Brown lenses increase contrast and depth perception, ideal for partly cloudy to sunny conditions. Copper lenses provide excellent contrast and depth perception, best suited for moderate to low light. KastKing sunglasses block 100% of the harmful UVA and UVB rays and meet or exceed all U.S. ANSI standards
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Try KastKing eyewear risk free, if you are not satisfied for any reason return your eyewear within 30 days for a full refund. You will also be covered by a limited lifetime, total peace of mind warranty against defects in workmanship and materials for the original owner. KastKing eyewear includes a molded custom hard case and a custom Prym1 Camo microfiber pouch for storing as well as cleaning your new sunglasses.
The KastKing Skidaway polarized sport sunglasses are versatile enough to take care of all your outdoor sunglass needs. The notable features of this pair include polarized lenses to reduce the sun’s strong glare, impact resistant TAC lenses to protect your eyes from flying objects, and the ability to block 100% harmful UVB and UVA rays you are likely to encounter during your outdoor expeditions.
Additionally, the KastKing Skidaway sunglasses are lightweight so that you will not be bothered having them on all day long while out on the seas. They are also durable so that you don’t have to worry about getting another new pair after just a short while. You will also love the superior frames they come with – made from Grilamid material which is usually used for military and medical applications. For under 50 dollars, there aren’t many polarized fishing sunglasses of this quality.
- Polarized lenses to block sun’s harmful glare
- Superior frames – lightweight, flexible and heat resistant
- Impact-resistant lenses
- Durable and comfortable
- Minor distortion when looking through the lenses
- Easily scratches, though should be scratch resistant
- Weak polarized coating
- Lens develop spots when the mirror finish is over
Smith Optics Guides Choice Sunglasses – The Best Anti-Reflective Sunglasses
- Medium-Large fit/large coverage
- Tech Lite Polarized glass TLT lenses
- Evolve frame material, Anti-Reflective and hydrophobic lens coatings, Hydrophilic Megol nose & Temple pads and stainless steel spring hinges
- 8 base lens Curvature
The Smiths Optics Guides Choice Sunglasses may not be one of the best fishing sunglasses, but one whose performance you will appreciate at the relatively high price tag. It is available in different size ranges to suit the varying sizes of users. They are fitted with polarized glass lenses that will not just protect your eyes from the harmful glares, but also the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
The sunglasses feature the Evolve frame material with anti-reflective and hydrophobic lens coating for durability and better performance. Also worth noting is that the sunglass has an 8 abase lens curvature with stainless steel spring hinges. At a price of over $200, it belongs to the higher end category of sunglasses, but the features and the comfort it guarantees makes it a good deal at that price range.
- Has anti-reflective and hydrophobic lens coating
- 8 base lens curvature
- Polarized lenses
- Relatively expensive for most people.
Oakley Men’s FuelCell Sunglasses – The Most Versatile Fishing Sunglasses
- Dual lens polaric ellipsoid geometry (two lenses cut from single toric shield)
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents. Light transmission is 10%
- Lenses are prescription ready (Rx-able)
Oakley Men’s FuelCell Sunglasses is the product of the perfect blend of art and technology by Oakley. They are not just one of the best polarized sunglasses for fishing, but also one of the most aesthetically appealing sunglasses you will find in the market today. The lenses are made of plastic and they come with 99% polarization to minimize the glare of the sun and protect the eyes from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays.
The frame is durable, lightweight and stress-resistant, thus offering more protection to the eyes as well as allowing for the comfort for the glasses to be used all day long. This is not just one of the best-polarized fishing sunglasses you will find in the market today, but also one of the top sunglasses preferred by top athletes all over the world.
- Polarized, flexible frames
- Uncomfortable for some users
- The blue tint comes off quite easily
- The lenses are extremely light
Oakley Holbrook Iridium Sport Sunglasses – 100% UV Protection Sunglasses
- Case included
- Lenses are prescription ready (rx-able)
- Hollbrook is a timeless, classic design infused with modern Oakley technology. Perfect look for performance and style.
Oakley may have created sunglasses for world-class athletes, but their glasses are also one of the best-polarized fishing sunglasses you will find in the market today. They have a dedication to creating sunglasses that will exceed normal expectations and deliver nothing but the very best to the users. An example of the manifestation of such dedication is apparent in the Oakley Holbrook Iridium Sports Sunglass.
The pair comes with polarized iridium plastic lenses fitted on the Grilamid frame with 100% UV protection. They are lightweight, durable and impact resistant to accord user maximum protection against strong winds and debris that might hit the face while out on the seas. With a tight, but a comfortable fit, you will find it easy to have the sunglasses all day long without any issues of comfort or inconvenient.
- Plastic frames
- 100% UV protection
- Some users think they are too big
- Lenses pop out quite easily
- Poor polarization
Our Expert Recommendations to Remember When Choosing the Best Fishing Sunglasses
Below is a brief guide on how to buy fishing sunglasses and all the necessary features you need to look for.
If you have gone for any fishing expedition, then you know that the water bodies have no sympathy when it comes to reflecting the harsh glare of the sun to your face. Sometimes the glare can be so strong that your eyes can be rendered completely useless when you are out in the seas. To save your eyes and improve visibility during such times, you need sunglasses with polarized lenses – and this is a must-have feature for any sunglass. Polarized lenses filter the reflected light that eventually reaches your retina, thus reducing any negative effects the rays might have hard on your eyes.
While out on the seas, you not only need to protect your eyes against the strong sun rays. Not all fishing expeditions may be smooth all times, and there are certain times when the oceans may have storms. During such times, you will need protection against the wind as well as flying debris that might get into your eyesight. It is still the work of your sunglasses to do this, and to this effect, they need to have frame and lenses that are strong enough, and which will comfortably wrap around your face and don’t come off easily.
Another factor you have to consider in best sunglasses for fishing is the durability, and the reason or this is simple. Fishing expeditions may sometimes go for several weeks or months, and the last thing you want is to break your sunglasses and spend the rest of the time without a pair. Again, when the storms come, you don’t want a sunglass that will give in to the pressure of the wind and debris that will be hitting your face. As far as durability goes, avoid sunglasses made of metal because they are prone to rusting owing to the moist and salty conditions of some fishing environments.
The final key feature you have to look for in the best fishing glasses is the comfort. This is a feature many people overlook, but a vital one which will have an impact on the overall experience of your fishing expedition. Test several sunglasses and know your size before making the purchase. Try them out to see how they fit, and only make the purchase if you know you will be comfortable having the glasses for hours on end.
Our Conclusion on Finding The Best Fishing Sunglasses
If you are passionate about fishing, then it is imperative that you invest in the right tools. You shouldn’t just think about getting the best lines, sinkers, hooks, and reels, but forget about the most important tool you can ever have during a fishing expedition – your eyes. While out in the ocean, you need to have a very clear vision not just to operate optimally, but also be able to see the fish beneath the surface.
You also need protection against the harmful glare of the sun, as well as strong winds and the flying debris you may encounter when you run into a storm. To be safe and enjoy the experience, a good sunglass is all you need, and reviewed above are some of the best polarized sunglasses for fishing, as well as a brief guide on how to choose the sunglasses.