Best Backpack Tackle Box and Bag – Top Picks For 2019
Last Updated on
Our Expert Backpack Tackle Box and Tackle Bag Review
Tackle backpacks are some of the most convenient and easy ways to carry your tackle, especially if you are a stream or bank fisherman. They also work great for kayak and canoe fisherman since they make loading and portaging so much easier.
Tackle backpacks also make it easier to carry a lot of tackle around with you – it sure beats toting around an awkwardly sized, uncomfortable sixty pound tackle bag. Instead, you can just strap it on your back and still have your hands free and better balance. This is key for stream hopping, mountain hiking, and otherwise rough country fishing! If you aren’t sold yet on the benefits of a tackle backpack over a standard tackle bag or box, try a little backcountry fishing with your tackle box.
- 1 Our Expert Backpack Tackle Box and Tackle Bag Review
- 1.1 Our Backpack Tackle Box Recommendations
- 1.2 Our Backpack Tackle Box and Tackle Bag Conclusion
Our Backpack Tackle Box Recommendations
Wild River Tackle Tek Nomad Lighted Tackle Backpack – Our Top Tackle Bag Choice
- FISH AT ALL HOURS: This lighted fishing tackle backpack features an integrated LED light system so you can fish any time of day.
- PROTECT YOUR GLASSES: This fishing tackle backpack has a mounted molded sunglass holder to help keep your glasses safe.
- REMOVABLE PLIER HOLDER: This fishing tackle backpack has a removable plier holder so your pliers go from bag to belt and are easy to find.
- PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS: This fishing backpack features a protective rain cover that can be quickly deployed to keep your tackle backpack contents safe.
- CONVENIENT WORK SURFACE: The front pocket cover on this fishing tackle backpack folds down to provide a handy work surface.
This is definitely the best tackle backpack for your money and on the market right now! It’s features will absolutely blow your mind. It obviously holds tackle, pliers, and more, but the biggest thing? It has a flip-up LED light that illuminates your tackle and working tray in low or no light conditions. Think about it – how many times at prime fishing time, or dusk and dawn, have you squinted and struggled to tie your line to a lure because you couldn’t see?
The answer for me was, too many times to count. If you do any fishing at night or low light conditions, this tackle backpack alone will immediately up your game. Let’s go over some other features of the Wild River Tackle Tek Nomad Backpack.
- Measures 18.5 x 17 x 8.5 inches
- Comes with 4 medium sized tackle trays
- Flip-up LED light
- Lanyard for clippers or pliers
- Pliers and tool holsters
- Storage area on top for drinks, accessories, worms, etc
- Permanent sunglasses storage area on very top
- Protective rain cover you can put over it in wet conditions
- Front pocket folds down to create a working platform if necessary
- Large adjustable padded shoulder straps
The Nomad is definitely the top backpack tackle box for your money right now, and it sure would be hard to top it. You can fit all your tackle, drinks, accessories, sunglasses, worms, and about anything else in it for day hikes in to go fishing. It’s durable, it’s functional, and it’s highly legit.
Wild River Tackle Tek Nomad Camo Lighted Tackle Backpack
- FISH ANYTIME: Integrated LED light system allows for fishing from dusk to dawn
- RETRACTING STEEL CABLE: Removable self-retracting steel cable lanyard for clippers, small tools, or keys
- BUILT IN WORK SURFACE: Front pocket cover folds down to provide a handy work surface
- COMFORTABLE: Large adjustable padded shoulder straps with added sternum strap for better comfort and fit
- CAMO PRINT: Printed to match other Mossy Oak accessories and clothing
This is a variation on the above Tackle Tek Nomad. The only real difference is that it’s camo, and you also have the option of getting trays or not with this one. So, if you want to upgrade and have a cool tackle backpack that also looks cool, this is the sweetest one on the market.
Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Tackle Backpack
- The blackmoon backpacks are built for anglers who walk to their local lake or river for a day of fishing
- Equipped with thick padded shoulder straps that provide incredible comfort and reduces fatigue
- Constructed of heavy duty and durable textured fabric construction providing long-lasting use
- With a zippered front opening and zippered side pockets this backpack provides easy access and tons of extra storage for accessories
- Built with a front loading tackle box storage with adjustable dividers / includes 4 plano 3650 utility boxes
The Shimano Blackmoon Tackle Backpack is also one of the best ones available. You have the option of purchasing this in a medium size or a compact size, whichever works best for you. It will carry all your fishing tackle as well as two fishing rods, your main fishing rod and a good backup! Here are some more things to review:
- Medium measures 16″ x 17″ x 8.5″, Compact measures 15″ x 10.5″ x 9″
- Two mesh fishing rod holders, one on each side
- Thickly padded shoulder straps
- Compact comes with 2 tackle trays, Medium comes with 4 tackle trays
- Pliers and tool holders
- Side and top pockets hold accessories
The Blackmoon is a highly functional tackle backpack that comes from a great manufacturer. It will serve you well for years to come! It has many pockets and several tackle trays to stash all your fishing tackle in with ease.
Flambeau Outdoors Portage Backpack
- Flambeau 6178Tb P50BP portage pack
- Backpack tackle bag
- Manufactured by Flambeau
The Flambeau Portage Backpack is another very solid option for carrying your tackle in, with tons of storage tray space as well as extra pockets for drinks, worms, and any other accessories you carry. The front door folds down and the tackle trays are vertical for easy removal.
Here’s a few more points to know about this backpack:
- Measures 15.5″ x 13″ x 20.5″ and weighs 9 pounds
- Holds four 5000 series Tuff Tainers from Flambeau
- Designed to hold multiple other boxes in top and side pockets
- Breathable, padded backrest so you back won’t sweat
- Line spooling station
- Comes with a rain cover
- Interior waterproof pocket for your cell phone
- Included Flambeau boxes are Zerust, their version of anti-rusting containers
- Chest strap
As you can see, this tackle backpack also is a phenomenal option for you, and it will work well for kayaking, canoeing, hiking, stream fishing, and about anything else. This one has a ton space and the breathable backrest really will help your back stay cool in warm weather. The chest strap helps keep the backpack positioned so it doesn’t chafe your shoulders the entire time, since they can get heavy when fully loaded with tackle! Definitely one of the best backpack tackle bags for the money!
Our Backpack Tackle Box and Tackle Bag Conclusion
A good backpack tackle box will make a huge difference in your fishing experiences, and I hope you were able to find the top backpack tackle box for you in our list and reviews here! If you are interested in the best tackle boxes for kayak fisherman, click here to see our reviews.