Spincast reels are no longer just an entry level fishing reel, although they do still serve that purpose as well. Instead, they can also be used for general fishing needs. Modern top spincasting reels offer high performance as well as high quality, so whether you, a child, or a friend needs a new reel, it’s worth taking a look at these types of reels.
- What is a spincast reel?
- Best Spincast Reels Recommendations
- Zebco Omega Z03PRO Spincast Fishing Reel – Our Top Spinning Reel Choice
- Zebco 33 Platinum Spincast Reel – Our #2 Good Spinning Reel Choice
- Pflueger President Spincast Reel
- Pflueger Trion Spincast Reel
- Daiwa GoldCast SpinCast Fishing Reel
- Conclusion On These Spinning Reels
What is a spincast reel?
A best spin cast reel is a certain type of fishing reel in which the gears and line are all enclosed, and you press a trigger to allow yourself to cast. They make fishing very easy since there is no bail to shut like spinning reels and no thumbing of the spool like baitcasting reels. It’s literally as simple as putting line on it, pressing the trigger, casting, and reeling. This makes a pro spincast reel ideal for beginners, but modern options have opened this market up a little!
So, what is the top spincast reel for your money? There are many different options on the market today, but we will give you what we consider to be the top five best spincasting reels below.
Best Spincast Reels Recommendations
Zebco Omega Z03PRO Spincast Fishing Reel – Our Top Spinning Reel Choice
Zebco is the most well-known spincast reel maker on the planet, so it makes sense that the best rated spincast reel would come from them in the form of the Omega Z03PRO. This spincasting reel is probably a huge step up from any spincast reel you’re currently fishing with in performance, durability, and smoothness.
Here are some things to know about the Omega Z03PRO:
- 6 Ball Bearings – Zebco says this is the first ever 6 ball bearing spincast reel. Ball bearings are what help a reels smoothness, and 6 is a good number for about any reel! This would make this one of the smoothest reeling and casting spincast fishing reels on the market.
- Adjustable Handle – The handle can be switched for either right or left handed reeling.
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Covers – The covers are made from high quality aluminum for lightness and durability.
- Gear Ratio – The gear ratio of this reel is 3.4:1, meaning that for every full crank of the handle, the spool will turn 3.4 times, and reel in a solid 19 inches of line.
- Weight – It weighs in at 10.6 ounces.
The Omega Z03PRO is currently the pinnacle in the spincast fishing world. If you want a quality, durable reel, this is it!
Zebco 33 Platinum Spincast Reel – Our #2 Good Spinning Reel Choice
This is another great reel from Zebco. The 33 Platinum is cheaper than the Omega Z03PRO, but it also performs well and is ultra smooth. It’s also speedy – if you are fishing spoons, spinnerbaits, or any lures that need to be reeled in fast, this reel will do the job. In fact, the 33 Platinum is actually a take on their old 33 Classic, one of the reels you may have grown up fishing with. Here is some more information about it:
- 5 Ball Bearings – This helps make the 33 Platinum a smooth reeling machine!
- Gear Ratio – 4.1:1 is a higher speed gear ratio for a spincast reel. In fact, this would make it tied for the fastest reeling spincasting reel on this list, and it picks up 22 inches of line per crank of the handle. If you are fishing faster moving lures, this is the reel to go with.
- Adjustable Handle – The handle can be switched from either left or right hand retrieve.
- All-Metal Body and Handle – The body and handle are both made out of solid metal for durability.
- Pre-Spooled – This reel comes with 10 lb Cajun line already spooled onto it so you don’t have to worry about it.
All in all, if you are looking for a smooth, fast spincast reel at a great price, this is one of your best bets! Zebco has long been one of the best manufacturers in the world of spincasting reels.
Pflueger President Spincast Reel
Taking third place is the Pflueger President spincasting reel. Perhaps you’ve heard of their good spinning reel counterparts, also called the Pflueger President. That is one of the best and most popular spinning reels on the market, and it appears this model is no different!
- 4 Ball Bearings – The President has a solid 4 four ball bearings, helping make it a smooth spincasting experience.
- Gear Ratio – This reel has a gear ratio of 3.8:1, reeling in about 18.5 inches of line per crank of the handle!
- Weight – It weighs in at 11.2 ounces.
- Aluminum Frame and Cone – The majority of the exterior of this reel is made from high quality aluminum.
If this reel is any bit as good as the brand Pflueger’s other “President”, you’ll have a top notch reel on your hands.
Pflueger Trion Spincast Reel
Here’s a neat little spincast reel – it’s actually built to be mounted on a spinning rod and fished downwards! You squeeze the trigger and then cast just like a normal best spinning reel with this one. Pflueger also offers a spinning reel counterpart for this reel called the “Trion” as well, and it’s a quality reel. This reel is a little cheaper than the President but also offers great performance.
- Heavy Duty Metal Gears – This reel is made with heavy duty metal gears as well as an aluminum cone and handle.
- 2 Ball Bearings – This reel has two ball bearings.
- Gear Ratio – 3.8:1 gear ratio
If you are looking for a solid underspin spincast reel, this will do the trick!
Daiwa GoldCast SpinCast Fishing Reel*** Click here for more info ***
The Daiwa GoldCast is one of the better spincast reels on the market as well. They’re heavy duty and the design is highly functional and durable. Here are the specs on this great reel:
- Gear Ratio – The gear ratio on this series is 4.1:1, which is fast for a spincast reel. Depending on the model you choose, it will pick up between 18.3 and 21.3 inches of line per crank of the handle!
- Models – There are three different models to choose from:
- GC80 – Holds 75 yards of 8 pound test mono line, weighs 9.2 ounces, Medium Light
- GC100 – Holds 80 yards of 10 pound test mono line, weighs 9.9 ounces, Medium
- GC120 – Holds 100 yards of 12 pound test mono line, weighs 12 ounces, Medium Heavy
- Ball Bearing – This reel has one ball bearing.
Reviews say that this reel lasts a long time and is built well. The Daiwa GoldCast is definitely one of the best spincast reels you’ll find.
Conclusion On These Spinning Reels
Thanks for reading our list, and I hope you were able to find the best spincast reel rating for yourself among it! These reels can make fishing a blast whether you are a beginner or a grizzled veteran.
Like our Top spincast reel reviews?
Other quick choices:
If you are interested in the best ultralight spinning reels, click here to read our reviews.